Welcome to EAA Chapter 122! We are part of the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA), a national organization for both pilots and non-pilots who are interested in the dynamic world of flight. Founded in 1953, EAA offers activities for the entire family on the local, regional, and national levels.
The EAA also offers support programs for those who are building and restoring aircraft. Most importantly, it is dedicated to serving all of aviation by fostering and encouraging individual participation, high standards and access to the world of flight in an environment that promotes freedom, safety, family, and personal fulfillment. If you have an interest in any aspect of experimental aviation, consider joining the EAA by clicking here.
Members of EAA national can then participate locally by joining any one of the over 1,000 local chapters -- including ours! The only requirements for chapter membership are membership in EAA National, an interest in aviation, and a willingness to get involved.
Why join Chapter 122?
- Activities: Fly-outs, fly-ins, pancake breakfasts, hosting the EAA's B-17, museum trips — become a member of this dynamic and active organization and we guarantee you won't be bored! In fact, the only problem most people have is just choosing which of the myriad activities they are going to have time to participate in!
- Meetings - When you think of a 'meeting' do you picture a bunch of people sitting in chairs listending to some guy droning on for an hour and a half about something you may or may not have any interest in? Our meetings are a lively combination of flying stories, technical discussions, activity planning, and just about anything else an experimental aviation enthusiast would want to see, do, or talk about.
- Volunteerism - Chapter 122 is a member-driven group, and we encourage our members to take advantage of opportinuties to participate. From flying Young Eagles, to hosting a "Friday Night Flight Flick," to helping out with summer pancake breakfasts, there are countless opportunities for members to get involved and make a contribution. As with any volunteer- membership driven organization, those who participate are the ones who end up driving the direction of the group.
Joining EAA 122 is a simple process:
- Apply - our Membership Application can be accessed by clicking the "Documents" link to the left -- just print it out, fill it in, and send it to the address provided.
- Show Up - Or, much more fun, come to our monthly meeting (third Tuesday of each month), have dinner while you fill out your form, and plunk down your dues!